April 02, 2010

Contemporary Dance Classes-Santa Rosa, Laguna

Ballet classes at my Santa Rosa, Laguna venue are from 4:30-7:30 pm every Wednesdays and Fridays. The first hour is a kids ballet class for children 4-10 years old. The material covered is equivalent to a primary class in the Australian Conservatoire of Ballet Syllabus. The second hour is a teen's class equivalent to a preparatory level 1 class. My third hour is a basic contemporary dance class. In last Wednesday's 6:30 class, I was teaching a basic side fall. After doing it a few times, my rump began to ache, an unusual experience if I did a Classical class. It was likely the exertion during the fall recovery that exercised my gluteals more than elliptical machines. The continuous nature of Contemporary routines also makes it a little more aerobic compared to Classical. Perhaps contemporary is a viable alternative to going to the gym?


0 comments: