October 14, 2010

A day at the bookstore

Every Friday is bookstore day for the kids. We hang out in a nearby mall while waiting for dh to fetch us and bring my son to modern ballet. My kids love to read and so going to the bookstore is a real treat for them. There are times I just leave them in the kids' section and go out to do some chores as well. There was one time when I needed to go to the restroom and went through those contraptions near the entrance of the store and it started beeping so loudly. Oh my, I thought. I didn't steal any books! How embarrassing! The package guy told me later on that the  barcode scanner picked up the signal from the tag they gave me when I deposited our stuff at the package counter. Whew! Next time that happened, I just smiled and pulled out the tag and showed it to the guard at the entrance. Nevermore! :)

0 comments: