December 07, 2008

Out with the Old In with the New

Christmas is just around the corner and New Year is around the bend. Time flies so fast while life happens. Sigh. Most people start making a list of things like resolutions and all that. A sort of saying goodbye to the old and getting ready for the new year ahead. This just reminds me of what we did to our old sofa. We literally got rid of that beat up couch that had lost all its spring and bounce because of my two little kids using it as a trampoline.  If only we were in the US, I think I would have won one of the ugliest couches ever if Oprah ever had one. LOL One day, I heard a scraping sound when I moved the sofa to sweep out the stuff my kids stick under it. I looked under and lo and behold, the spring had already come out and had made lots of hole marks on the floor. Oh man! So the hubby and I just looked at each other and said are you ready to say goodbye to it. Without hesitation, I told him "Yeah, right now." So we hauled it out onto the sidewalk, ready to be picked up by the garbage guys the next day. Bye-bye old sofa!!! Hmmm, I wonder what's next... the table lamp?

0 comments: