February 21, 2012

Little Things


Thanks for the guest post by Jo Levy
Tonight I peeled myself from my desk chair at 8PM after the longest. Day. Ever. It’s a terrible feeling, though, driving home way past happy hour with tired feet and realize there is nothing to look forward to at home. I haven’t been to the grocery store in weeks, the air is stuff from trying to save money on the power bill, and I think the sink is leaking. I think the only thing I’m excited about is my bed. It’s the little things in life, right? But, when I pulled in the driveway and got out to grab the mail, I noticed a rather large package in the midst of all the bills, Capital One credit card offers and deals for directv. A crisp (well, really sort of wrinkled), white package from Anthropologie! I completely forgot what I had ordered last week on my lunch break. Beautiful, perfect, antique-y, bird-covered tea towels. Oh, how the day turned around. Like I said, it’s the little things. Now, who would like to come over at 10PM for tea?!

0 comments: