February 13, 2009

What do you do on a rainy day?

Speaking of rain, what do you do on a rainy day? I remember when I was young(er), I would watch the rain roll down on the roof outside my window and watch those silvery drops of liquid cascade straight into the gutter. Nowadays, I don't get to do that anymore. It seems like life is so fast and so high tech that the simple things get pushed to the side. Silence can hardly find a place anymore in today's media bombarded lifestyle. Entertainment or rather a-musement(a- the absence of; muse-- thought or thinking)  is number one and it has to be bigger, louder and more luxurious. Wide screen, lcd, plasma and home theater chairs in your very own living room have taken over the quiet conversations that happen whenever you can't go out because of the rain. I don't think those days will ever return. I miss those times and I think I'm going to try to let my kids experience that one of these days.

0 comments: