January 24, 2009

Fitness

Our kids recently started ballet. So Tes and I would be spending some time watching their classes. As I watched, I remembered our own experiences in ballet. Steps, class routines would come back. I also remembered the level of fitness I had then. Fitness really comes with motivation. Why should I keep my body fit? While we can state the logical reasons why we should, these remain abstract. Engaging in a physical craft like ballet or a sport definitely beats taking Fenterdren. Going to the gym is good but will be hard to sustain if there is no concrete purpose for the training. Its really different when your training to do 36 fouettes or a sparrow lift. You can concretely relate your training with measurable changes in your ability. Maybe Tes and I should take ballet classes again...

0 comments: