October 18, 2008

Back to the Real World

After our week long vacation in Panay, we are back to our daily grind. The sandy Boracay beach has been replaced by floors that need sweeping. Laundry needs to be done. Homeschool activities resume. Hay! From time to time I take a break and think of future vacations. I'm looking forward to our yearly sojourn to Davao, sitting at my inlaw's balcony and eating something like sweet potato pie. DH and the kids will likely be swimming in the pool or running around the wide lawn.

I guess life indeed is a cycle of rest and work. I guess that's why there's such a thing as a Sabbath day. Our body really needs the time to recover lost energy. During vacation, DH and I have the chance to evaluate and adjust the direction of our lives. After our recent vacation, we got a clearer picture of where we would get our income.

If you're in a fuzzy situation right now, perhaps its just time for some R&R.

0 comments: