November 10, 2013

Once Upon an Ever After - April 24, 2014

Rean here...

Recital season is fast approaching.  For our 2014 show,  Acts Manila affiliate schools are having "Once Upon an Ever After" as theme.  It's all about fairy tales and stories this round.  Already started work on my Lord of the Rings Concept revolving around the interesting character of Galadriel.  Instead of the having purely a Celtic-Nordic mythology base as Tolkien originally created,  I will also be borrowing from Greek Mythology as seen in the works of C.S.Lewis.  So you'll be seeing Dryads and Naiads in Lothlorien.

I will be working on music tracks in the next few weeks so I guess it's time to bring out classic fl studio 10 for this work.  I typically buy tracks and edit them to highlight specific moods I need for my choreography.  I also work on improving the sound quality so it complements with my choreography.  This is not to mention the need for me to comply with the time requirements of the overall production. On the back of my mind, I play around with how to create a "polyphonic" quality to the movement of my dancers as a whole while I work with the music.

With such an exciting show on the horizon,  wouldn't you want your kids to be part of it? Check out www.actsmanila.com to find a ballet location in Metro Manila,  Cavite and Laguna closest to you. If you have inquiries about our locations in Sta. Rosa and Binan, Laguna do call or text me at 09083020319.

0 comments: